- - HNC/HND Or BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- MCSE Qualifications in Server, Windows & Office is required.
Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 & 2019 & Linux/Ubuntu based environments. - Active Directory & Group Policy - Google Workspace - Autoline/Kerridge DMS - Dell PowerEdge Server Systems - Dell PowerVault Storage Systems - Dell PC and Laptop hardware - Windows 10 - Microsoft Office 2010 to 2019 - Apple Mac OSX 10 & above - Apple mobility products both tablet & smartphone - Network equipment (Cisco switches, Ubiquiti switches & Access Points / Fortinet Firewalls) - Solid scripting skills (e.g., Powershell scripts) - Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, VLAN, switch management, WLAN, Routing (BGP & OSPF) Minimum 5 years working experience as a Systems Administrator in all the above Services & Applications with solid, proven experience in the administration and performance tuning of the same.
- Experience with monitoring systems of all platforms - Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to agreed timescales. - Providing reports and information to the Group IT Manager. - You will need to be able to keep all of the systems running smoothly & manage backups, - Deploying critical updates when needed on the Windows Server & Windows 10 platforms. - Put a business case together to install any new functionality to replace or update the current in house systems. - Plan and manage work streams, allocating and managing work for team members & contractors alike. - Contribute to the design, development, testing, and implementation of software, systems, and enhancements to the core processing systems and platforms of the group. - Proven experience of managing an IT Helpdesk is essential. - Maintaining spend within agreed budgets. - Evidence of strong team leading and communication skills will be required.
The candidate must have advanced Excel skills and good SQL experience.
- - Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure - Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools - Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability at all times - Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies - Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks - Participate in the design of information and operational support systems - Provide 2nd and 3rd level support - Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Driving License essential.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure.
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Ability to be a competent Systems Engineer on a hands-on basis dealing with Senior Management & Directors alike.
Teamwork is essential, the capacity to work with people at all levels is crucial
- Linux - Active Directory - Windows
The Holdcroft Motor Group are currently looking for a Systems Engineer on a permanent basis for our central offices based in Stoke on Trent. We are a fast-growing Automotive Retail company that is looking to enhance its IT team as it enters an exciting phase of growth.