- We've recently completed a huge overhaul of our system, completely changing the inner workings of our comparison engine. We've normalised the database, built an API to access it and removed swathes of legacy code in the process.
We're now looking for a passionate PHP developer to help us take advantage of our new system and expand our offering. This is a fantastic time to join as we start fresh on projects that we've been unable to consider until now.
The successful candidate will work closely with the existing dev team to continue building on our new foundation.
The current tech stack:
Symfony 5 and Symfony 4
Webpack and Grunt
MySQL and Doctrine
Imminent projects include:
Launching a new service
Writing a new suite of tests
Extending the B2B dashboard to provide more autonomy for our partners
Compare My Move is a comparison service within the home moving industry. We have experienced rapid growth and are looking for the best people to join our growing team to help us become a recognised brand within the UK.
Our vision is to be the home of moving home. Our mission is to build the best network of verified partners from local trusted professionals, whilst saving home movers time and money on moving services.
At Compare My Move we encourage everyone to take ownership of their own role, enabling you to develop original strategies and ideas. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone is challenged while having a flexible approach to managing workloads.
We are proud of the success we’ve had to date but are now looking to take the business to the next level meaning there’s never been a better time to jump on board, help us get there and share in the rewards.
What We Can Offer You
* Salary up to £35,000
* Annual pay rises
* Flexitime with no core hours and no weekends!
* 2 monthly WFH days to take as you wish
* 20 days annual leave plus your bank holidays
* We close for the Christmas and New Year break and offer this as extra time off so you can spend time with your friends and family (e.g., 7 extra days in 2020)
* It’s your birthday? Have the day off (plus cake and team lunch!)
* Company pension scheme - 5% employer contribution
* Paid sick leave - up to 8 weeks based on length of service
* Free on-site or city centre parking
* Employee perk scheme through Perkbox – loads of freebies and big brand discounts!
* Enhanced paid maternity leave
* £500 annual training budget for personal development
* Employee of month with prizes
* Deliveroo Fridays
* Team social events
* Workiversary - day off or free voucher, your choice!
* Long term service benefits - extra annual leave
* No dress code - but don’t do pyjamas!
* Employee referral scheme - earn up to £1000 to help place a new role
Sounds Good? Here’s How You Apply
If this all sounds like you then you are exactly who we are after. Send over your all singing all dancing CV along with a cover letter outlining why you think you are perfect for this role and should join our fantastic team.
We will be reading all cover letters, so make sure you send one customised for this role. Tell us some things about yourself professionally, and personally, as well as sell us on yourself for this role.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply - we’d love to hear from you.