- · Experienced web developer using a variety of front-end frameworks
· Jamstack and static site generation knowledge
· Dev ops experience
· Back-end data processing and integration
· Authentication; User access and security
- JR Rix and Sons Ltd is a dynamic business with 150 years’ worth of tradition, mixed with a forward-thinking attitude and commitment to change.
Starting out in the 1870’s as a shipping company, the group is involved in several industries that have developed along with Hull and East Yorkshire’s changing economic climate. Activities range from software development to renewable energy, to providing fuel to homes to caravan manufacturing. There’s always something new around the corner too.
As part of a drive to revolutionise the way the group operates, we are looking for talented developers who want to own their role as part of a growing and ambitious team. The group have not only embraced home working, but we have also created dedicated space for innovation in our new head office overlooking Hull Marina. This has attracted several new hires across the business into technology-based roles.
1. Write interface APIs between internal software systems and other 3rd party accountancy packages, using import and export scripts
2. Lead on the development of a carbon accounting platform
3. Support the development and maintenance existing tech platforms
We want an individual who is fanatical about development. Someone who has a passion for making the world a better place, is constantly learning and has an unwavering commitment to problem solving.
Our business has had a reputation as one of Yorkshire’s top employers for 150 years and now we’re building digital capability to create new products that help empower employees, enable organisations to achieve net zero targets and transform the future of work.
If you like variety, discussing challenges with knowledgeable individuals and working in an entrepreneurial environment then this is the opportunity for you.
Who Are You?
Someone with passion, drive and enthusiasm for what they do.
Someone who thinks about the bigger picture and wants to make a positive impact on the world around them.
You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining software platforms, working in collaboration with some of the best developers in the Yorkshire area.
You’ll love technology, staying up to date on the latest and greatest tools. Not only that but you’ll like talking about it with other like-minded individuals and experiment for fun.
We’ll listen to any ideas you have too, so hopefully you have a few.