- • Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
• Proven experience as a System Administrator or similar role, demonstrating hands-on expertise in system and network administration.
• Comfortable with Git and script languages.
• Proficiency in Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs and VPN.
• Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud) is a plus.
• Strong communication skills and embraces team spirit
• Demonstrable problem solving abilities and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Solid understanding of security best practices and tools.
- As a System Administrator, you will play a crucial role in maintaining our IT infrastructure, ensuring high levels of performance, security, and reliability. Your responsibilities will include:
• Network Administration: Managing and monitoring the company's network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN connections. Troubleshooting connectivity issues and optimizing network performance.
• Server and IT equipment Management: Installing, configuring, and maintaining both company computer and servers. Managing server resources, backups, and disaster recovery plans. Manage IT assets throughout the company.
• System Security: Implementing and enforcing security measures to safeguard the company's data and systems from potential threats. Regularly updating software, firmware, and security patches.
• User Support: Assisting staff with technical issues, providing prompt and effective solutions, and offering technical training when required, including being part of a 24/7 support function.
• Monitoring and Performance Tuning: Utilizing monitoring tools to track system performance, identify bottlenecks, and optimize system resources to ensure smooth operations.
• IT Infrastructure Documentation: Maintaining detailed documentation for network configurations, system procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
• Software Deployment: Install software, updates, and licenses across the organisation.
Noriker Power develops and optimises rapid response power systems. We deliver services, such as frequency control and stability to National Grid, and power flexibility to market participants. Through innovation and a strong motivation to protect the environment, Noriker has grown into a vertically integrated developer and service provider in this increasingly important market. We have already developed and built over 300MW of large-scale battery and hybrid facilities in support of a renewable grid – that’s enough to stabilise 5GW of wind, which in turn powers over 250,000 homes!
Last year we completed a new strategic cooperation agreement with Equinor, a major global player in the energy transition. The agreement will place Noriker Power at the forefront of the sustainable energy revolution and will unlock the next phase of Noriker's growth. Our pipeline of larger grid-scale projects is now being accelerated towards the construction and operational phases.
You are self-motivated, enthusiastic about what you do, committed to perpetual learning, and want to contribute to solving one of the greatest problems of our time – climate change. You have a mature outlook, a strong work ethic, and a belief that true collective achievement is intrinsically a product of graft and application.